(248) 356-0600 

Michigan Divorce Attorney Jannelle Zawaideh

Call 248-356-0600 for a FREE Consultation Today!

our-services-button.png   free-call-now-button.png

South Lyon Family Law


In the southwest corner of metro Detroit, South Lyon is a gorgeous city where there are many families. If you stumble within any area of making a family or a marriage work, you need to have a place to turn -- and this means finding a family lawyer.

Various topics can be handled by a family lawyer. If someone is coming after to you for child support and you question paternity, then you need to deal with this appropriately. You don't want to be stuck paying money for a child that isn't yours -- and a paternity test can be taken to ensure you have the necessary proof.

Prenuptials can be established to protect your income, your investments, and your property prior to getting married. You can be in charge of how property is divided by having it in written form for your spouse to sign prior to saying, "I do." Your spouse would only get a certain amount based on how long you have been married if you get a divorce.

Getting married may seem like a great idea now, but what happens when things take a turn for the worse? You may be able to get the courts to say that the marriage never happened with an annulment or go through a divorce where you will have to deal with property division.

The property division is never easy because it comes down to who gets to keep what. Depending upon the assets that have been accumulated, this can lead to spending time in front of a judge in an Oakland County court.

Spousal support may also be a consideration if one of you cannot support yourself on your own based upon how much the other one was contributing to the household finances. The spousal support would be ordered by the court for a certain number of years or until that person remarries, whichever happens first.

Child custody and support is another area where you want to know of your options -- and a family lawyer can assist you. If you have children inside of a marriage and now that marriage is ending, you and your spouse have to determine where the children are going to live. You probably want them to live in South Lyon as that is what is best for the children. However, this may not be what your spouse wants to agree to -- and it may have to go to courts.

Child support will be a court order from Oakland County to be paid to the parent that has custody. You will also want to get a parenting plan to determine such issues as medical, dental, education, communication and visitation.

It's hard to go back and revisit any of these issues after a court order is in place, which means you need the proper representation to begin with. Regardless of whether it's a divorce, a child custody battle, or anything else, you want to ensure that your desires are being considered when a judge makes a decision. Call us today at 248-356-0600 for a FREE consultation.

Flat Fee Guarantee

Flat Fee Guarantee. While most attorneys charge by the hour and your costs are unknown, we have a Flat Fee Guarantee. Get more info

Free Consultation

Schedule your FREE consultation. We offer a no obligation FREE Consultation.

 Click to Schedule

Payment Plans

We offer payment plans to meet your financial needs. Find a plan

visa-curved-32px.png mastercard-curved-32px.png

Representing divorce and family law clients in

Oakland, Wayne, Livingston, Washtenaw and Macomb Counties!



Filing for divorce is absolutely never easy. Even if you have made the decision that you need to fil… Read More

One of the biggest concerns many parents have when considering divorce is what will happen to their … Read More



26677 W. 12 mile Rd. Ste 171
Southfield, MI 48034


Phone (248) 356.0600


twitter.png  facebook.png  google.png

© 2014, The Law Offices Of Jannelle J. Zawaideh, All rights reserved.