(248) 356-0600 

Michigan Divorce Attorney Jannelle Zawaideh

Call 248-356-0600 for a FREE Consultation Today!

our-services-button.png   free-call-now-button.png

Springfield Township Family Law


Springfield Twp., Michigan is a beautiful place to live and raise a family. It's home to nearly 14,000 people, as well as a portion of the Huron River called the Huron Swamp. With so much to do there, you'll never be at a loss for activity. Unfortunately, like any town or city, there are people living there who are unhappy in their marriages and heading for divorce.

If you're one of them, it's a good idea to seek out a family law attorney in the area. That way you'll have an advocate on your side who can help you with paperwork, answer questions, and negotiate for the things you really deserve. That could include both child support and spousal support, as well as child custody and other things specific to your particular case.

When couples divorce and they have children together, they need to decide who the children are going to live with and who is going to have visitation. Generally, the non-custodial parent will pay child support, and the amount is based on the number of children involved and the income of both of the parents. There are many different custody arrangements that can be made, depending on where both parents intend to live and the ages of the children, so it's best to get a family law attorney to help you sort it out.

Sometimes, child support and custody issues bring up the question of paternity. If that happens in your case, it will be necessary to establish paternity before everything can proceed. A DNA test can be conducted, and does not take long. Your attorney can guide you toward what will have to be done in a situation where one or more children in the marriage may not belong to the alleged father.

Property will also have to be divided. That can include houses and cars, but also includes money in the bank, furniture, and any other items that belong to both of you. Sometimes, the division of property is very easy because it is in a valid, binding prenuptial agreement that was drawn up before the marriage. If you and your spouse have one of these agreements, your attorney will want to see it.

He or she can determine whether the prenup is valid, or whether all or part of the document may not be enforceable in your divorce case. There are specific reasons why a prenup may not be enforceable, so that's something to check into before you agree to any specific property division with your spouse.

If you've discovered that your marriage may be fraudulent, it's possible you won't need to file for divorce. You may be able to get a judge in Springfield Twp. to grant you an annulment, instead. This would make it appear as though you were never married, from a legal standpoint. It can only be used in very specific situations, though, and it's not something everyone can get. Talk to your family law attorney and see if you qualify, especially if your spouse may have been legally married to someone else at the time of your marriage, or if you were otherwise misled. Call us today at 248-356-0600 for a FREE consultation.

Flat Fee Guarantee

Flat Fee Guarantee. While most attorneys charge by the hour and your costs are unknown, we have a Flat Fee Guarantee. Get more info

Free Consultation

Schedule your FREE consultation. We offer a no obligation FREE Consultation.

 Click to Schedule

Payment Plans

We offer payment plans to meet your financial needs. Find a plan

visa-curved-32px.png mastercard-curved-32px.png

Representing divorce and family law clients in

Oakland, Wayne, Livingston, Washtenaw and Macomb Counties!



Filing for divorce is absolutely never easy. Even if you have made the decision that you need to fil… Read More

One of the biggest concerns many parents have when considering divorce is what will happen to their … Read More



26677 W. 12 mile Rd. Ste 171
Southfield, MI 48034


Phone (248) 356.0600


twitter.png  facebook.png  google.png

© 2014, The Law Offices Of Jannelle J. Zawaideh, All rights reserved.