Pontiac, Michigan is located in the greater Detroit metropolitan area. Pontiac has a population of 59,515. Pontiac was first settled in 1818, and the city was incorporated in 1861. The city was name for Chief Pontiac, and is best known for its contributions to the automotive industry. The city was home to the headquarters of the now-defunct Pontiac Motor Company. The Fisher Body plant and the Pontiac East Assembly plant are also located in Pontiac. Pontiac's Silverdome was also the home of the Detroit Lions from 1975 through 2002, when the team relocated to Detroit's downtown arena.
Just like any other city, Pontiac has many residents, each with their own legal challenges and needs. If you are facing a family law issue, you may not know where to turn. The first thing you should do is contact an attorney to discuss your case and see what your options are. There are many great family law attorneys in the city to assist residents with their needs in this area. Attorneys who specialize in family law deal with a variety of issues that can affect clients. These issues include, but are not limited to:
* Divorce - This includes all aspects of the divorce, from the initial filing, to negotiating terms of the divorce, all the way through the final dissolution of marriage.
* Annulment - There are several stipulations set forth in the state of Michigan for the annulment of marriage. Your family law attorney can help you determine if your marital union is eligible for annulment, and walk you through the process if you qualify.
* Child Custody - Child custody issues are major concerns for many in today's society. Your family law attorney will ensure that the terms of the custody arrangement are beneficial for the child first and foremost and secondly for the parents.
* Before child custody issues can be settled, it may be necessary to establish paternity. There are several steps to establishing paternity. A competent family law attorney can walk you through these steps to ensure that the case is handled right and the child is provided for.
* Financial issues related to marriage, divorce and separation - These issues can include everything from property division during a divorce or separation, spousal support after a divorce and child support for the minor children. Prenuptial agreements prior to a marriage can also be quickly handled by a competent family law attorney.
If you live in the Pontiac area and are facing a legal issue, it is important to choose a licensed attorney with a good reputation and a competent team of professionals standing behind them. There are many ways to find a good attorney. You can obtain references from friends and family members. You can also speak to the local or state bar association for references of the best family law attorneys in Pontiac. This will help you ensure that your case is handled properly and expeditiously so you can move on with your life free of legal encumbrances. Contact us today.
Flat Fee Guarantee. While most attorneys charge by the hour and your costs are unknown, we have a Flat Fee Guarantee. Get more info
Schedule your FREE consultation. We offer a no obligation FREE Consultation.
We offer payment plans to meet your financial needs. Find a plan