Clarkston, Michigan is a far outlying suburb of Detroit. Clarkston provides easy access to both Detroit and Flint. Clarkston was settled in 1830, was incorporated in 1884, and currently has a population of just less than 900. Clarkston is listed on the National Register of Historic places as a historic district. There are a lot of great things to see and do in Clarkston, and the town is rich in history and folklore. There is also a high quality of living for residents, which makes Clarkston a great place for singles, couples, families and older individuals.
Clarkston is not immune to legal issues; Clarkston residents have the same types of challenges and issues that people face all across the country. For residents of Clarkston that are facing a family law issue, it is important to contact a competent attorney in the Clarkston area for assistance. An attorney will help you determine the facts of your case and decide on an appropriate course of action. Family law attorneys deal with a large variety of legal issues, and can help with the following problems.
* Divorce - Your attorney can handle all aspects of your divorce. This includes filing for divorce, negotiating the terms of the divorce, and handling all the issues surrounding the final dissolution of marriage.
* Annulment - Michigan allows for marriages to be annulled in certain situations. Your family law attorney will discuss your case, help you determine if your marital union is eligible for annulment, and then help you gain the annulment if you meet the qualifications..
* Child Custody - Child custody issues can be stressful for both the parents and the child. Your attorney will help you negotiate terms that are beneficial for your child, so your child's interests are protected.
* Paternity Determinations - Before child custody agreements can be worked out, paternity may be established. Your family law attorney will help you navigate these muddy waters so you can get a paternity determination and move on with child support and custody arrangements.
* Marital finances that involve marriage, divorce and separation - When a marriage ends in divorce or separation, property division issues must be handled. Spousal support may be granted after a separation or divorce. In addition, it is beneficial in many cases to obtain a prenuptial agreement before marriage. Your family law attorney can handle all of these issues for you.
If you live in the Clarkston area and have a legal issue that a family law attorney can help with it is important to choose a licensed attorney with a good reputation and a competent team of professionals standing behind them. There are many resources available to help you choose a family law attorney. These include references from friends and family members, as well as recommendations from the local or state bar association. This will help you narrow down the choices and find an attorney that you mesh well with. You can then deal with your case successfully and move on with your life free of stress and strife. Jannelle Zawadieh specializes in Michigan Family Law. Contact her today for a FREE consultation.
Flat Fee Guarantee. While most attorneys charge by the hour and your costs are unknown, we have a Flat Fee Guarantee. Get more info
Schedule your FREE consultation. We offer a no obligation FREE Consultation.
We offer payment plans to meet your financial needs. Find a plan